Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I wonder... #15

I wonder...
How does physicalism account for the unity of our experiences without the mind/consciousness? Do proponents of physicalism posit there is a part of the brain that acts as a uniting terminus point for the diverse sensations that we constantly receive as sentient beings? And, If physicalism does not have a uniting terminus point in the brain, is physicalism compromised, being unable to account for our basic awareness of "self" and the quality of our sensual apprehension (i.e. as being a united/single experience)?


Also, a question for my readers:
What is a person? I really do want your opinions, but if you would rather not post them on this blog, you can e-mail them to me at James.A.Garcia@Biola.edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home