Thursday, October 29, 2009

I wonder... #6

I wonder...
Is my confidence that I am connected to Christ based on my faith, works, church attendance, scripture reading, prayer, studies in biblical studies, etc. of is it based on Christ's faithfulness? Do I I keep myself in God or do I simply give myself in devotion to God as a response to His preserving grace? (Jude 1:1, 24-25) How do we mediate the tension between God's preservation and our devotion?...To make this all more personal...was my friend who has recently renounced Christ ever a Christian? Will he ever confess Christ again?...Is this a useful question? Can it be answered?...I wonder if some questions are not useful because they can be answered, but simply because they can be asked.

Thank you for letting me ask. Let me hold my silence where all I can hear and speak is silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home