Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I wonder... #1

"It is owing to their wonder that men both now begin and at first began to philosophize"--Aristotle, Metaphysics.
I have decided to start a new series of posting called "I wonder..."

Each post will consist of a brief reflection or question, ranging from 1 sentence to 1 paragraph...but never more.

Allow me to demonstrate/start:

I wonder...
Do we underestimate/neglect the affect our liberties in Christ have on our brothers who do not share such freedoms? I recently read one of the most sobering and compelling passages of the subject, 1 Corinthians 8. Paul ends the section with three verses that I will quote here for your own reflection--go read the whole chapter.
"And so by your knowledge this weak person is destroyed,
the brother for whom Christ died
.
Thus, sinning against your brothers
and wounding their conscience when it is weak,
you sin against Christ.
Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble,
I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble"
(8:11-13).

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Interesting question... Also, I like the idea of your "I wonder..." postings; keep it up!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home